A sponsor or affiliate
Taylor and Francis Group
Association for the Study of Death and Society (ASDS) Disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by ASDS and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of ASDS. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, ASDS takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Data Protection Act 1998
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you.
- We will only use personal information you supply to us for the reason that you provided it for.
- We will only hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfil that purpose.
- We will not pass your information to any other parties unless this is made clear to you at the time you supplied it.
- All ASDS members who have access to your personal data or are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect your confidentiality.
Cookies and IP addresses
- See which pages are the most popular
- See which pages are seldom or never visited
- See how extensively the ASDS web site is used
Any IP information is treated as strictly confidential and is not published or divulged to any third party.
ASDS Forum Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer
All messages and articles submitted to ASDS and made available as part of this threaded discussion forum (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) or elsewhere on ASDS web site and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message/article and not of ASDS (unless ASDS is specifically identified as the author with username ASDS of the message). The fact that a particular message/article is posted on or transmitted using this ASDS web site does not mean that ASDS has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. If you are an author (including direct poster to ASDS forums) you agree that by submitting articles or messages you warrant that you have the right to do so and you are granting ASDS an irrevocable, perpetual license to use the articles/messages in any way ASDS deems fit and you agree to indemnify ASDS for any claims related to such articles/messages against ASDS, its officers, editors, or volunteers.
ASDS makes no representation regarding the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any article published by ASDS or any message posted by any third party. ASDS is not responsible for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user.
Furthermore, all persons who use the ASDS Forums are advised not to use them for solicitations or any other commercial purposes, including but not limited to posting of advertisement, deriving any financial compensation from anyone for posting to ASDS Forum.
ASDS reserves to right to amend or modify the terms and conditions herein. All postings are further subject to the ASDS Forum Terms and Conditions below.
ASDS Forum Terms and Conditions
This service is located at the "www.deathandsociety.org" and other ASDS Web sites, which are owned and operated by The Association for the Study of Death and Society (ASDS). The Web sites include threaded discussion forum (ASDS Forum) which allow feedback to ASDS and real-time interaction between the persons who use this service. Unless ASDS is specifically identified as the author of a message with username ASDS, the responsibility for any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party on this Web site resides solely with the author.
When using ASDS Forum, you may NOT:
- Keep any other person from using and enjoying the ASDS Forum.
- Post or transmit any messages that would constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, including any threatening, abusive libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent messages of any kind.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other materials which violate or infringe upon the rights of others, including their privacy or publicity rights, or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights, without first obtaining permission from the person who owns or holds that right.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other material of a destructive nature.
- Use ASDS Forum in any way for solicitations or other commercial purposes.
ASDS's Right to Monitor the ASDS Forum
You understand that ASDS has no obligation to monitor the ASDS Forum. However ASDS reserves the right at all times to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in ASDS's sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these terms and conditions and to disclose any information necessary to satisfy a governmental request.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall ASDS be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the ASDS Forum or any information contained in any bulletin board. You specifically acknowledge and agree that ASDS is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user.